Tuesday 10 September 2013

10/09/2013 Share Moyes convinced me to stay at Manchester United, reveals Nani




Manchester United winger Nani has revealed that recently appointed Old Trafford boss David Moyes persuaded him to sign a new five-year deal with the club.





The 26-year-old had one year remaining on his current deal and had been widely tipped to leave the club after featuring only 10 times in Sir Alex Ferguson's final season with the Red Devils.

But, as exclusively revealed earlier in July, Nani spoke with Moyes who convinced him his future was at Old Trafford, and the Portugal international is thrilled to have extended his stay with the Premier League champions.

"I am very content with my new deal at Manchester United," Nani told the Mirror. "This summer was not easy but after a lot of thought and talking to David Moyes I believe it was the best solution.

"I feel I can offer many things to United. I had other important offers but without a sufficient challenge to make me want to leave United.

"The coach would not guarantee me a place in the XI more than any other player. I know I must work hard to get into this team. That is my objective for this season."

No comments:

Post a Comment