Monday 1 July 2013

Gary Neville thinks Manchester United's Wayne Rooney would be wrong to leave





England international Rooney is reportedly wanted by Arsenal, Chelsea, Barcelona and Paris Saint Germain after requesting a transfer at the end of last season.
But Three Lions coach Neville, who was a team-mate of the striker at United, thinks the 27-year-old would be making a mistake if he leaves Old Trafford.
"Personally, with my allegiances, I'd never recommend anyone leave United, because I believe it is a great stage to play football and you can achieve what you want there"
Gary Neville
Neville said in an interview with Talksport: "I played with Wayne for many years. He's a fantastic footballer.
"Personally, with my allegiances, I'd never recommend anyone leave United, because I believe it is a great stage to play football and you can achieve what you want there."
Neville added: "I've seen David Beckham and other big players leave United and it really is something that comes down to the individual and the club.
"I've seen Ryan Giggs, when he was 27, linked to Inter Milan, Juventus and AC Milan and stay."
Meanwhile, Neville is also backing a change in English football's mentality after the woeful performances of the Under 21s and U20s at international tournaments this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment